Biography / Biografia
Born in San Antonio, Chile, Tania is a visual artist and teacher, she has been practicing art for fifteen years. She graduated in Graphic Design from George Brown College. In 2012 received an Artist-Educator Professional Training certificate - from The Royal Conservatory of Music.
In the year 2010 Tania Iraheta was awarded an Access and Career Development Grant by the Ontario Arts Council which allowed her to attend the Toronto School of Art as an undergraduate student for two years, however most of her training has been self-taught.
Tania Iraheta is an instructor at Pinceles Latinos (Latin Brushes) which is an art studio located in North York, which offers art programs for the Latin American community in the GTA. This program is part of Casa Maiz Cultural Centre.
My paintings are abstracts suburban and open country landscapes .They are images that evoke mood, memories and emotions coming from places and events in my life that have left an imprint in my memory.
My current work shows places that are a mixture of reality and imagination and contain the illusion of space and depth with multiple perspectives which I use to add mystery and interest to my work.
My paintings are full of visual and tactile textures with a rich and colorful palette. I try to achieve this by the use of mixed media using acrylics, pastels, graphite, hand painted papers and washi paper collage among others; this layering of color and material helps me convey my inner vision and hopefully make the viewer feel a connection with their own favorite places being an actual one or one that exist only in their imagination.
I like complicated processes and many layers in my work and encaustic or mix media helps convey my inner vision and hopefully make the viewer feel a connection with their own favorite places being an actual one or one that exists only in their imagination.
Art Affiliations / Afiliaciones Artisticas:
- Pinceles Latinos Art Studio
Exhibits / Exhibiciones:
- 2012 – June 25 - July 12, 2012, Paper Works, Neilson Park Creative Centre
- 2012 – July, Impact 2012 Juried Exhibition, Neilson Park Creative Centre
- 2012 - May 4, Muro Blanco Group Art Show, Visual Arts Mississauga
- 2012 - January 15-29, Muro Blanco Group Art Show, KUMF Gallery
- 2012 - March 11, International Women Day, Casa Salvador Allende
- 2011 - October 1, Culture Day, Sheppard and Keele Public Library " Latin American Art Hands On".
- 2011 - April 9, "Punto de Encuentro" The Hispanic Community Workers Coalition of North West Toronto
- 2011 - March 6 International Women Day, Casa Salvador Allende
- 2010 - February 13 Pinceles Latinos Winter Art Show, Casa Maiz Cultural Center
- 2010 - November 5 – 6, Casa Maiz, Festival for Peace in our Americas
- 2010 - June 26, Carrousel Of Nations Multicultural Festival, Oakville
- 2010 - May 29 – 30, Latin American Arts and Crafts Show, Church of the Holy Trinity, Toronto
- 2010 - April 10 – May 10, Downsview Public Library Group Show, Toronto
- 2009 - December 12, Artorama, St. Stephen Church, Toronto
- 2009 - October 17 – 18, Sixth Latin American Art Show by ASHTOR, Metro Hall, Toronto
- 2009 - June 27th Carrousel of Nations Multicultural Festival, Oakville
- 2009 - June 1 – 30, Fairview Public Library Group Show
- 2009 - May 22 to 24 Carassauga Multi-Cultural Festival at Tomken Arena
- 2008 - October 4-5, Fifth Latin American Art Show organized by ASHTOR Association of Spanish speaking Seniors at the GTA at Northwork Community Centre.
- 2008 - June 15, Art in the Park, Neilson Park Creative Centre2008 - Art in the Park, Uxbridge, Ontario
- 2007 - Art Gala Forum group Art Show at The Rotonda Hall.
- 2007 - Willowdale Group of Artists Spring Juried Art Show, North York Civic Centre
- 2007 - Willowdale Group of Artists, Etobicoke Civic Centre Art Gallery.
- 2007 - Willowdale Group of artist, Heintzman Art Gallery.
- 2007 - Willowdale Group of Artists, Fall Art Show, North York Civic Centre..
- 2006 and 2007 - Carousel of Nations Festival, Oakville, ON
- 2005 - Arts Week Toronto-Origins Art Show at Montgomery's Inn and at, Sherway Gardens.
- 2005 to 2007 Annual Juried Art Exhibition at the Etobicoke Art Gallery hosted by Fundarte Latin America.
- 2004 - 2007 - Latin American Art Exhibition hosted by the Latin American Seniors Club of North York.